Pioneer Mtn Hill Climb Sept 8th & 9th, 2012

Southwest Montana SCCA discussions for the 2012 season.

Pioneer Mtn Hill Climb Sept 8th & 9th, 2012

Postby wiseriver » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:56 am

As many of you are aware, the 3rd annual Pioneer Mountain Hill Climb is fast coming up. It will be held on September 8th & 9th , the weekend after Labor Day. Some of you may already have received entry forms…. many have not. If you would like an entry form, let me know, and I’ll e-mail one to you. You will have to send your e-mail address to me however. Or, get in touch with Steve Porter, the hill chairperson in Polaris 406-834-3520 jkn3520@smtel.com

The hill is scenic, wide, fast uphill road coarse that is a lot of fun. It’s approximately 2.5 miles in length, and is situated in the heart of the scenic Pioneer Mountains. The couuse is located approximately 8 miles north of the town of Polaris, and approximately 30 miles south of Wise River, Montana. Many people from Montana,Oregon, Idaho, Washington, California and Canada have run in the past. Now, we need more support and participation from the people here in Montana.

The car classifications follow the SCCA Solo rules that we use in auto crossing. Additional safety factors are also required: Fire extinguishers (minimum 5BC) with metal fastening devises. Roll bars in open cockpit cars. Long pants, long sleeve shirts, and closed shoes….To name a few. Additional information can be found at the Northwest Hill Climb Association website: http://www.nhahillclimb.org/

There are rooms available at the Grasshopper Inn, 406-834-3456 and at Elkhorn Hot Springs Lodge, 406-834-3434. There is motorhome parking available at the Grasshopper. Several campgrounds are located very close by for those who wish to camp out. The Grasshopper Inn is the main meeting place and where tech inspection takes place on Friday afternoon. Food is available at both the facilities.

Anyone who is interested in driving, should get their entry form sent in. There is also a very good spectator viewing spot on the hill, where you can see several corners. Hope to see some of you there this year. If you need some additional information, get in touch with me…. Ron Ronchetto wiseriver@smtel.com 406-832-3377
We were given two ears and one mouth for a reason. Listen twice as much as you speak and you'll surely learn something

2000 Mazda Miata
2001 BMW Z3 M Coupe --- the "Clown Shoe"
wiseriver
Underlord

Re: Pioneer Mtn Hill Climb Sept 8th & 9th, 2012

Postby themobtheory » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:14 am

sweet! Would love to make more local (read: MT) events. would you email me an entry form, please?

tj@themobtheory.com
themobtheory
noob

Postby wiseriver » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:30 am

themobtheory wrote:sweet! Would love to make more local (read: MT) events. would you email me an entry form, please?

tj@themobtheory.com

Entry forms e-mailed to you today. Hope to see you at the hill climb.
We were given two ears and one mouth for a reason. Listen twice as much as you speak and you'll surely learn something

2000 Mazda Miata
2001 BMW Z3 M Coupe --- the "Clown Shoe"
wiseriver
Underlord

Postby RayAR » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:25 pm

Awsome area. We like camping in the small campground on the road leading up to Coolidge ghost town. The biggest problem it has very few camping spots, I think only 8 but I have only seen it full one Memorial weekend when we got there late Friday. Lots of campgrounds in the area thoough. Wish I could come, I really miss that area of Montana.
1990 Mazda Miata. Most fun you can have with only 116 HP!!!!!!
RayAR
Lord

Postby Underoath777 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:51 pm

Hey send me an entry form please! Trappedinflight@live.com
Underoath777
noob

Return to Solo 2012